Definitions:At the tip or summit, cell at tip of a growing point; aboral plates of Echinoderms.
- A dictionary of scientific terms. By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D. Published 1920. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
Usage examples:In H. cribratostriatus the male has a similar rasp, excepting that it is not partially divided into two portions, and the female is completely destitute of this organ; but in addition the male has on the apical margins of the elytra, on each side of the suture, three or four short longitudinal ridges, which are crossed by extremely fine ribs, parallel to and resembling those on the abdominal rasp; whether these ridges serve as an independent rasp, or as a scraper for the abdominal rasp, I could not decide: the female exhibits no trace of this latter structure.
- The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex, Vol. I (1st edition) by
- Journals Of Two Expeditions Of Discovery In North-West And Western Australia, Vol. 2 (of 2) by
- Natural History of the Mammalia of India and Ceylon by