Definitions:The fragrance in plants and other substances; a pleasant, often a spicy, odour; a spiritual fragrance.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:The aroma rising from it was one he had almost forgotten existed in this world of constant riding and poor forage.
- Ride Proud, Rebel! by
- Luck or Cunning? by
- Poems and Ballads of Heinrich Heine by