Definitions:Cotton cloth, so called as originally from Calicut; a printed calico. Calico- printing, the art of printing figured patterns on calico.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:" Want calico master," said Luji, after a great amount of talk, " give gold."
- The Ruined Cities of Zululand by
- Over the Sliprails by
- Stories of Childhood by