Definitions:Expression of grief, regret pain, censure, or resentment; cause or subject of complaint; pain and uneasiness in the body; disease representation of injuries; accusation.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:And he was a man who could not bear to speak about money, or to make any complaint as to money.
- Ralph the Heir by
- The Mystery of 31 New Inn by
- Comrade Yetta by