Definitions:Marked by condescension.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (adverb) (adv.) (adverb)
Usage examples:Avoid condescending bows to your friends and equals.
- The Laws of Etiquette by
- The Shrieking Pit by
- Expositions of Holy Scripture: Romans Corinthians (To II Corinthians, Chap. V) by