Definitions:Relating to the world or visible nature; in astron., rising or setting with the sun.
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
Usage examples:Now that we have entered the cosmic era, we look back at him with understanding.
- O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921 by
- Thomas Henry Huxley; A Sketch Of His Life And Work by
- Hinduism and Buddhism, Vol I. (of 3) An Historical Sketch by