Definitions:Pert. to; hidden; secret.
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- Newage Dictionary DB (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
Usage examples:" You could do it in half that time if you lived in Tinkletown," was Anderson's cryptic return.
- Anderson Crow, Detective by
- Anne Of The Island by
- The Inside Story Of The Peace Conference by