Definitions:A fixed point or period of time remarkable for some great event or series of events from which succeeding years, as connected therewith, are numbered; any remarkable period of time; date; the beliocentric longitude of a planet at any given time.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:Be that as it may, she opened a new era in the history of my childhood; and, during the six or seven years that followed the epoch of my uncle's marriage, my life was as happy as that of a human creature can be.
- Ellen Middleton--A Tale by
- Chopin: The Man and His Music by
- Modern Saints and Seers by