Definitions:The art of producing a picture on a metal plate by the eating power of an acid; the impression from the plate.
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:When a little later I heard that the artist was dead, and his effects for sale, I tried to buy the etching but was told that it had been given to a friend, a Mr. John Wybern.
- A Flock of Girls and Boys by
- The Young Man and the World by
- The Love Affairs of a Bibliomaniac by