Definitions:One who retires from society and lives in solitude for devotional purposes; an anchorite; a recluse or ascetic.
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:" Well- I'll be glad to help you out," the hermit replied.
- Seven Keys to Baldpate by
- The Works of Robert Louis Stevenson - Swanston Edition Vol. 24 (of 25) by
- The Associate Hermits by