Definitions:The act of investing with an office with suitable solemnity; the solemn or formal beginning of any movement or course of action; the opening in a formal manner of a public building.
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:It was the usual place of inauguration for the O'Connors.
- An Illustrated History of Ireland from AD 400 to 1800 by
- From the Easy Chair, series 2 by
- The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2) by