Definitions:The act of making a law or laws.
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:How did that act become necessary in the legislation of England, if the previous law had already provided for the same thing?
- Trial of the Officers and Crew of the Privateer Savannah, on the Charge of Piracy, in the United States Circuit Court for the Southern District of New York by
- Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius by
- Essays: Scientific, Political, & Speculative, Vol. I by