Definitions:A house- dog of great strength and courage.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:Especially noteworthy is his representation here with his favorite mastiff Leo," his inseparable companion.
- The University of Michigan by
- Into the Primitive by
- A Bibliographical, Antiquarian and Picturesque Tour in France and Germany, Volume One by