Definitions:A poisonous alkaloid of a very acrid taste, obtained from tobacco.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:The huge body, the craggy and deeply seamed face with the fierce eyes and hawk- like nose, the grizzled hair which nearly brushed our cottage ceiling, the beard- golden at the fringes and white near the lips, save for the nicotine stain from his perpetual cigar- all these were as well known in London as in Africa, and could only be associated with the tremendous personality of Dr. Leon Sterndale, the great lion- hunter and explorer.
- The Adventure of the Devil's Foot by
- San CristÃ³bal de la Habana by