Definitions:The crime of buying or selling church preferment.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:To this was added the news from Italy itself,- how discontented the inhabitants were with the pope, how wanton the simony and how wicked the princes of the Church.
- Pictures of German Life in the XVth XVIth and XVIIth Centuries, Vol. I. by
- Harold, Book 10. The Last Of The Saxon Kings by
- Letters of Catherine Benincasa by