Definitions:Pa. p. of SWELL.
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- Newage Dictionary DB (p.t.) (past tense)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (participle) (p. p.) (past participle)
- Newage Dictionary DB (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:Sore not only in respect of bruised bodies and swollen faces, but still more in the sense of disappointment, suspicion, and foul play.
- The Willoughby Captains by
- Lonesome Land by
- Nan Sherwood on the Mexican Border by