Definitions:The laws of classification as applied to Natural History.
- A dictionary of scientific terms. By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D. Published 1920. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:In the nineteenth century the freshwater polyp became a favourite object of biological observation and was watched and examined by a host of observers, among the more noteworthy of whom were Kleinenberg, Nussbaum, and Brauer, who has since the beginning of the present century made an important contribution to the taxonomy of the genus.
- Freshwater Sponges, Hydroids & Polyzoa by
- A Mechanico-Physiological Theory of Organic Evolution by
- The Value of Money by