Definitions:An annual sum paid by one nation to another; obligation to contribute; a personal contribution.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The Clarendon dictionary. By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman. Published 1894. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- The american dictionary of the english language. By Daniel Lyons. Published 1899. (noun) (n.) (noun)
- Newage Dictionary DB (verb) (v. i.) (verb intransitive)
- The Winston Simplified Dictionary. By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer. Published 1919. (noun) (n.) (noun)
Usage examples:But one small sigh for the doomed Mothers' Meeting was the only tribute Annette paid to it.
- Notwithstanding by
- In the Wilderness by
- The League of the Leopard by