Definitions:Not deserved; unjust.
- Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language. By Nuttall, P.Austin. Published 1914. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
- Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language. By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H. Published 1874. (adjective) (adj.) (adjective)
Usage examples:I let Mrs. Ashley know that we regarded it as a most unmerited and uncalled- for slight; and I took care to drop a hint that we believed Halliburton to have been guilty in that cheque affair.
- Mrs. Halliburton's Troubles by
- Alice, or The Mysteries, Book II by
- The Just and the Unjust by